The 2010 Ed Posh Scholarship Shootout Event
- Where: Village Links of Glen Ellyn
- Date: Friday, July 16, 2010
- Event: Dinner Party & 18-Hole (or 9-hole) Scramble Golf Tournament
- Entry: Download Entry Form (PDF) Due by Monday July 5, 2010
The Ed Posh Scholarship Fund, founded in December 1995, provides college tuition assistance to local area youth. The "Shootout" is our sole fundraising event to support our current 16 scholars. 100% of the event surplus benefits the Fund. The event is held in honor of former Village Links Head Golf Professional, Ed Posh. Ed became the first Head Golf Professional at the Village Links in 1967. Through the years, Ed created an environment for golfers of all levels to learn and enjoy the game of golf.
Highlights of the Fundraiser
- The event is comprised of a morning and afternoon 18-hole scramble golf tournament, please sign up early to reserve your tee time! We also continue with our additional 9-hole afternoon golf scramble.
- Golfers will compete for the “Ed Posh CUP” & bragging rights for the year! The winning foursome will be forever memorialized on The CUP that will reside in the Village Links clubhouse.
- After golf, the party of the summer begins! The party will be held under tents behind The Village Links clubhouse. The party includes dinner, cash bar, silent auction and live entertainment.
- Sixteen participants will compete in the glow-in-the-dark "Ed Posh Shootout" for $2,000, winner takes all! Eight participants will qualify by winning one of the eight closest-to-the-pin contests during the day’s golf tournament. The other eight will qualify during the party by being one of the eight closest balls on the qualifying hole. The final 16 qualifiers will fight it out in the glow-ball shootout.